Moving a Jet Database
You can easily move the standard "Jet" database to a different folder or even
to a different computer.
But there are some issues to consider before making a change...
To move the database ...
- To avoid disappointing performance,
do not try this with a 10Mbit/s network. 100Mbit/s is the recommended minimum.
Even with a 100Mbit/s network connection, performance is significantly lower
than with a local database.
- If your goal is to have the database on a server because it is
periodically backed up, consider leaving the database on your Master Computer
and simply setting the "Backup Folder" to point to the server.
Change the Backup Folder from the Maintenance Tools : Database Tools Tab.
Backups can either be scheduled to take place automagically each day
(Maintenance Tools : Database Tools Tab) or be performed directly from
the Loadman Fleet Manager using menu Tools : Backup Database Now.
Satellite users: Note that each satellite will need to be changed (from that instances
Maintenace Tools) to point to the new database location too.
- From the Master User on the Master Computer, menu "Tools : Users" and put
the LFM in "single user mode".
- Open the maintenance tools,
menu "Tools : Advanced Functions : Maintenance Tools"
- From the first tab, "Database Connection", hit the 'X' button labeled
"Push the button ... to select the location ...".
- Select the new database location.
- Push the button "Copy data and set new connection". Your
database is now moved.